Saturday, November 12, 2011

Heart of Redemption

I had the most wonderful day yesterday with my friend, Jan.  I hadn't seen Jan in probably 10 years, and we had so much fun catching up.  It was a time of sweet fellowship, yummy food, and FUN!  Jan is a gifted artist and we made a mosaic stepping stone together.  I've always been drawn to mosaic pieces, and have attempted one or two projects in the past.  I recently have been drawn to them again.  About a month ago I read a book called, "A New Kind of Normal" by Carol Kent.  In her book she quotes the following from Ken Gire: "When suffering shatters the carefully kept vase that is our lives, God stoops to pick up the pieces.  But He doesn't put them back together as a restoration project patterned after our former selves.  Instead, He sifts through the rubble and selects some of the shards as raw material for another project - a mosaic that tells the story of redemption."  I love that!  I'm so thankful that we have a God of redemption, love and grace.  I pray that I can extend that same love and grace to all those I come in contact with.    


For all those with a broken heart, do not lose hope, God has a plan!



May your heart rest in His hands today.

Love,
  
     Carolyn 



1 comment:

  1. New to this blog and looking forward to posting some useful info. Also enjoyed what is posted so far. Thanks to everyone.
    Rinoplasti

    ReplyDelete